Majority of officials following orders on loan disbursement
Virudhunagar(TN): Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram on Monday said majority of the Bank officials were
following Government orders on education loan disbursement for
deserving students, helping parents of poor children realise
their dreams of providing education to their wards.
Participating at a function organised to distribute
educational and differential rate of interest loans here, he
said 98 per cent of bank officials were following orders on
education loan disbursement. Only two per cent were
"Kelakathinar" (turning a deaf ear), he said.
"What is needed for the education loan is the signature
of the student and one of his parents`," the Minister said
adding that the education loan could be applied online also.
Referring to a complaint by CPM MP Lingam that education
loans were not being given, he said there was problem in
disbursing loans in states where the government did not work
in harmony with the Central government.
Loans to the tune of Rs 9 crore were disbursed to 704
persons, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?