Majority of officials following orders on loan disbursement
Virudhunagar(TN): Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram on Monday said majority of the Bank officials were
following Government orders on education loan disbursement for
deserving students, helping parents of poor children realise
their dreams of providing education to their wards.
Participating at a function organised to distribute
educational and differential rate of interest loans here, he
said 98 per cent of bank officials were following orders on
education loan disbursement. Only two per cent were
"Kelakathinar" (turning a deaf ear), he said.
"What is needed for the education loan is the signature
of the student and one of his parents`," the Minister said
adding that the education loan could be applied online also.
Referring to a complaint by CPM MP Lingam that education
loans were not being given, he said there was problem in
disbursing loans in states where the government did not work
in harmony with the Central government.
Loans to the tune of Rs 9 crore were disbursed to 704
persons, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed