Majority of officials following orders on loan disbursement
Virudhunagar(TN): Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram on Monday said majority of the Bank officials were
following Government orders on education loan disbursement for
deserving students, helping parents of poor children realise
their dreams of providing education to their wards.
Participating at a function organised to distribute
educational and differential rate of interest loans here, he
said 98 per cent of bank officials were following orders on
education loan disbursement. Only two per cent were
"Kelakathinar" (turning a deaf ear), he said.
"What is needed for the education loan is the signature
of the student and one of his parents`," the Minister said
adding that the education loan could be applied online also.
Referring to a complaint by CPM MP Lingam that education
loans were not being given, he said there was problem in
disbursing loans in states where the government did not work
in harmony with the Central government.
Loans to the tune of Rs 9 crore were disbursed to 704
persons, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state