Make Kishenji`s post-mortem report public: CPM
Kolkata: The CPI(M) on Saturday demanded that
Maoist leader Kishenji`s post-mortem report be made public,
saying the controversy over his killing could be set at rest
only by it.
"What really happened will be known only after the
post-mortem report is made public. We think it is the West
Bengal government`s responsibility to make the report public,"
CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose told newsmen here.
Stating that there was a controversy on how Kishenji
was killed, he said the post-mortem should be done in keeping
with the guidelines of the National Human Rights Commission
and by involving forensic experts.
Bose said Kishenji had given the slip to the security
forces on earlier occasions during the previous Left Front
regime and on one occasion the forces could not go ahead
to save the life of an officer-in-charge of a local police
The CPI(M) politburo member evaded a question on
whether Kishenji`s killing was a success for the state
government and the security forces.
"It is not a question of success or failure. A circle
is complete," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video