Make Kishenji`s post-mortem report public: CPM
Kolkata: The CPI(M) on Saturday demanded that
Maoist leader Kishenji`s post-mortem report be made public,
saying the controversy over his killing could be set at rest
only by it.
"What really happened will be known only after the
post-mortem report is made public. We think it is the West
Bengal government`s responsibility to make the report public,"
CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose told newsmen here.
Stating that there was a controversy on how Kishenji
was killed, he said the post-mortem should be done in keeping
with the guidelines of the National Human Rights Commission
and by involving forensic experts.
Bose said Kishenji had given the slip to the security
forces on earlier occasions during the previous Left Front
regime and on one occasion the forces could not go ahead
to save the life of an officer-in-charge of a local police
The CPI(M) politburo member evaded a question on
whether Kishenji`s killing was a success for the state
government and the security forces.
"It is not a question of success or failure. A circle
is complete," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday