Make Kishenji`s post-mortem report public: CPM
Kolkata: The CPI(M) on Saturday demanded that
Maoist leader Kishenji`s post-mortem report be made public,
saying the controversy over his killing could be set at rest
only by it.
"What really happened will be known only after the
post-mortem report is made public. We think it is the West
Bengal government`s responsibility to make the report public,"
CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose told newsmen here.
Stating that there was a controversy on how Kishenji
was killed, he said the post-mortem should be done in keeping
with the guidelines of the National Human Rights Commission
and by involving forensic experts.
Bose said Kishenji had given the slip to the security
forces on earlier occasions during the previous Left Front
regime and on one occasion the forces could not go ahead
to save the life of an officer-in-charge of a local police
The CPI(M) politburo member evaded a question on
whether Kishenji`s killing was a success for the state
government and the security forces.
"It is not a question of success or failure. A circle
is complete," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender