Make `political untouchability` an offence, says Advani
Jalandhar: Subtly hinting at the stand of some political outfits not to have any truck with "communal" BJP, its senior leader LK Advani on Sunday said like in social life there should be no place for "untouchability in politics".
"On the lines of a law against untouchability in social life, political untouchability should also be made an offence," said Advani.
The BJP leader was speaking here at a function organised by Hind Samachar group.
However, when he was asked about the context in which he was speaking Advani denied to comment any further.
"I do not want to say anything further on the issue, whatever I said ...I said," he replied.
He also denied to comment on the Prime Minister`s defence of inviting FDI in retail.
After TMC pulled out of the UPA government, SP, while extending its support, said it was supporting the government to keep communal forces at bay.
"Our support is clear. We will not let communal forces come to power. That is why I am supporting. I am not in UPA. But we are supporting so that communal forces do not go ahead," SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav had said on September 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Finance Ministry expects new RBI Governor Urjit Patel to push growth while checking inflation
- Tata Motors launches two new commercial vehicles in Indonesia
- ArcelorMittal to pay $110 million fine for price fixing in South Africa
- Sisodia attacks PM on 'killer' Chinese manjha, demands ban on import
- India seeks Iraq help in release of abducted Indians