Make `political untouchability` an offence, says Advani
Jalandhar: Subtly hinting at the stand of some political outfits not to have any truck with "communal" BJP, its senior leader LK Advani on Sunday said like in social life there should be no place for "untouchability in politics".
"On the lines of a law against untouchability in social life, political untouchability should also be made an offence," said Advani.
The BJP leader was speaking here at a function organised by Hind Samachar group.
However, when he was asked about the context in which he was speaking Advani denied to comment any further.
"I do not want to say anything further on the issue, whatever I said ...I said," he replied.
He also denied to comment on the Prime Minister`s defence of inviting FDI in retail.
After TMC pulled out of the UPA government, SP, while extending its support, said it was supporting the government to keep communal forces at bay.
"Our support is clear. We will not let communal forces come to power. That is why I am supporting. I am not in UPA. But we are supporting so that communal forces do not go ahead," SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav had said on September 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?