Make public charges against Raja: CIC to PMO
New Delhi: The Central Information
Commission has directed the Prime Minister`s Office to make
public "charges of corruption" levelled against former telecom
minister A Raja along with views of various officials on them
expressed in the form of file notings.
The case relates to an RTI applicant seeking to know the
reason why Raja was kept in the Cabinet despite serious
allegations of corruption against him.
The information was denied to him by the PMO saying it
does not have any record relating to allegations of corruption
against Raja, who was arrested by the CBI in connection with
alleged graft in the award of telecom spectrum during his
"The appellant has framed his queries in Hindi and his
queries are a mix of allegations and his desire for what the
nation should be. The Commission has reframed his queries and
after discussions with the appellant the reframed query in his
application is being given to the PIO," Information
Commissioner Shailesh Gandhi pointed out.
Gandhi directed the PMO to provide "attested copies of
records regarding charges of corruption against A Raja and
copies of file notings or correspondence of the PMO in this
regard" before July 10.
The CBI had told the special court that there was
evidence of "forgery" in altering of first-come-first-serve
policy to allow some companies to get 2G spectrum during
Raja who was arrested by the CBI on February 2 in
connection with corruption in the award of scarce telecom
spectrum is in judicial custody.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!