Make public expenses on foreign travels of PM`s relatives: CIC
New Delhi: The Prime Minister`s Office
has been directed by the CIC to provide details of
expenditure incurred on PM`s relatives accompanying him on
visits abroad, rejecting the argument by the PMO that it did
not have such records.
The Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) and Protocol
Division of the External Affairs Ministry have both stated
that they do no have these records with an RTI application
shuttling between the two departments.
The issue was raised before the Central Information
Commission (CIC) which directed the PMO to collect details
about the expenses incurred on the foreign travels undertaken
by the relatives of the Prime Minister from different
departments and provide it to the RTI applicant within 20
working days from the receipt of its order.
The applicant, Ayub Ali of Shahjahanpur in Uttar
Pradesh, through his RTI application sought to know the
details of foreign travels undertaken by the relatives of the
Prime Minister and rules regarding their travel and expenses
incurred on them.
The Prime Minister`s Office in reply to the
application said that foreign travel of the Prime Minister`s
relatives with the Prime Minister is as per convention and
there are no specific rules regarding them.
It gave only partial details and did not give expenses
incurred on such visits, Ali claimed in his plea.
During the hearing by the transparency panel, the
Prime Minister`s Office told Chief Information Commissioner
Satyananda Mishra that they do not have records of expenditure
incurred on the foreign visits undertaken by the Prime
The officials said they had requested the Protocol
Division of the External Affairs Ministry to furnish the
details sought in the RTI application but they have returned
the application saying the information needs to be furnished
by the PMO.
"The only issue which remains unresolved in this case
till now is the expenditure incurred on the visits by the
relatives of the Prime Minister.
"We think the appellant (Ayub Ali) had a right to get
this information and, therefore, direct the Central Public
Information Officer to obtain this information from whosoever
holds it and provide it to the appellant within 20 working
days from the receipt of this order," Chief Information
Commissioner Satyananda Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo