Make public Headley`s statement to FBI: BJP to Shinde
New Delhi: Referring to the Ishrat Jahan encounter chargesheet, BJP on Saturday asked Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde to make public the contents of LeT operative David Headley`s statement to FBI so that the country comes to know of her antecedents.
"The Congress-led government has started a new trend of making angels out of LeT and JuD operatives and demons out of the security forces," BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi told reporters.
The opposition party demanded government make public the 10,000-page document shared by India with Pakistan on the 26/11 attack. The party maintained the confessions made by Headley bring out the truth about Jahan.
"Shall we understand in the present scenario that Headley is not a credible source? Our Home Minister is a minister first and a member of a political party after that. He should act like a Home Minister and make Headley`s statement public. He has to work for protecting the country`s interest," Lekhi said.
BJP insisted the cover of security forces should not be blown, a reference to CBI`s reported plans of naming senior IB officials in the Jahan chargesheet.
"After shrouding its credibility in scams, the Congress government has now started a reinvestigation scam. Can any country afford such demonisation of the security forces?" Lekhi said.
BJP claimed even though NHRC has said the Ishrat Jahan encounter was not fake, CBI has filed a fresh chargesheet. It also lamented CBI is being politicised and described this as "most abhorable".
"This is a dangerous game being played by the Congress-led government. A vicious atmosphere is being created. Pressure is being built on the security forces," Lekhi charged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’