Make public Headley`s statement to FBI: BJP to Shinde
New Delhi: Referring to the Ishrat Jahan encounter chargesheet, BJP on Saturday asked Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde to make public the contents of LeT operative David Headley`s statement to FBI so that the country comes to know of her antecedents.
"The Congress-led government has started a new trend of making angels out of LeT and JuD operatives and demons out of the security forces," BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi told reporters.
The opposition party demanded government make public the 10,000-page document shared by India with Pakistan on the 26/11 attack. The party maintained the confessions made by Headley bring out the truth about Jahan.
"Shall we understand in the present scenario that Headley is not a credible source? Our Home Minister is a minister first and a member of a political party after that. He should act like a Home Minister and make Headley`s statement public. He has to work for protecting the country`s interest," Lekhi said.
BJP insisted the cover of security forces should not be blown, a reference to CBI`s reported plans of naming senior IB officials in the Jahan chargesheet.
"After shrouding its credibility in scams, the Congress government has now started a reinvestigation scam. Can any country afford such demonisation of the security forces?" Lekhi said.
BJP claimed even though NHRC has said the Ishrat Jahan encounter was not fake, CBI has filed a fresh chargesheet. It also lamented CBI is being politicised and described this as "most abhorable".
"This is a dangerous game being played by the Congress-led government. A vicious atmosphere is being created. Pressure is being built on the security forces," Lekhi charged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe