‘Make public names of a/c holders in Swiss banks’
Pune: Taking the UPA government to task for
its "masterly inactivity" on black money front, senior BJP
leader L K Advani on Friday demanded a white paper on the issue of
making public names of Indian account holders in Swiss banks.
"I demand that names of account holders in Swiss banks
which have been given by the French government to India
recently, must be made public and prompt follow up action be
taken against them," Advani who arrived in the city on his
Janachetana yatra told a press conference.
Hinting that the focus of upcoming winter session will be
on black money, Advani said "UPA government has demonstrated
masterly inactivity and there is a deliberate design to divert
and sidetrack the issue itself. Why the names of the account
holders not being released ?".
Alleging that the very intention of government is
"suspect", he said the taxation agreement with Switzerland
would become effective from April 2012 and could enable the
defaulters to transfer their account to some other banks or
withdraw their money from Swiss bank.
Continuing his attack on Congress led UPA, Advani said it
appeared that only DMK was suffering for corruption charges.
"Congress is running the UPA government. Only DMK is
suffering for corruption. I have no soft corner for DMK but
the names of other persons who have endorsed it have also
surfaced in 2-G spectrum scam," he commented.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!