‘Make public names of a/c holders in Swiss banks’
Pune: Taking the UPA government to task for
its "masterly inactivity" on black money front, senior BJP
leader L K Advani on Friday demanded a white paper on the issue of
making public names of Indian account holders in Swiss banks.
"I demand that names of account holders in Swiss banks
which have been given by the French government to India
recently, must be made public and prompt follow up action be
taken against them," Advani who arrived in the city on his
Janachetana yatra told a press conference.
Hinting that the focus of upcoming winter session will be
on black money, Advani said "UPA government has demonstrated
masterly inactivity and there is a deliberate design to divert
and sidetrack the issue itself. Why the names of the account
holders not being released ?".
Alleging that the very intention of government is
"suspect", he said the taxation agreement with Switzerland
would become effective from April 2012 and could enable the
defaulters to transfer their account to some other banks or
withdraw their money from Swiss bank.
Continuing his attack on Congress led UPA, Advani said it
appeared that only DMK was suffering for corruption charges.
"Congress is running the UPA government. Only DMK is
suffering for corruption. I have no soft corner for DMK but
the names of other persons who have endorsed it have also
surfaced in 2-G spectrum scam," he commented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family