‘Make public names of a/c holders in Swiss banks’
Pune: Taking the UPA government to task for
its "masterly inactivity" on black money front, senior BJP
leader L K Advani on Friday demanded a white paper on the issue of
making public names of Indian account holders in Swiss banks.
"I demand that names of account holders in Swiss banks
which have been given by the French government to India
recently, must be made public and prompt follow up action be
taken against them," Advani who arrived in the city on his
Janachetana yatra told a press conference.
Hinting that the focus of upcoming winter session will be
on black money, Advani said "UPA government has demonstrated
masterly inactivity and there is a deliberate design to divert
and sidetrack the issue itself. Why the names of the account
holders not being released ?".
Alleging that the very intention of government is
"suspect", he said the taxation agreement with Switzerland
would become effective from April 2012 and could enable the
defaulters to transfer their account to some other banks or
withdraw their money from Swiss bank.
Continuing his attack on Congress led UPA, Advani said it
appeared that only DMK was suffering for corruption charges.
"Congress is running the UPA government. Only DMK is
suffering for corruption. I have no soft corner for DMK but
the names of other persons who have endorsed it have also
surfaced in 2-G spectrum scam," he commented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi