Make separate wing in each Ministry to check graft
New Delhi: In order to check corruption, the Centre on Friday suggested setting up of an exclusive and independent vigilance wing in each Ministry and central department.
"It should be ensured that that the administration and vigilance wing are exclusively separate from each other in each ministry or department," the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) said in an order.
Citing an instruction issued by the CVC, it said vigilance functionaries should not be a party to processing and decision-making processes or in other similar administrative transactions of such sensitive nature.
"Secretary of the Ministry or department should review the pending disciplinary proceeding cases and sanction of prosecution cases each month like monitoring of VIP references or RTI cases," it said in a fresh set of guidelines.
The Centre`s directive came following a recommendation made by the Group of Ministers (GoM) on Corruption.
Information was collected from all central departments to asses the work load relating to vigilance administration and the adequacy of the present set-up to handle such volume of vigilance-related work in various ministries.
"From the inputs received from the ministries or departments, it has been observed that in some ministries or departments the numbers of complaints or disciplinary proceedings cases are very high...
"Therefore, each ministry or department should conduct an Staff Inspection Unit study of its vigilance division so that officers or staff may be posted as per requirement vis-vis volume of work," it said.
The DoPT also found that most of the ministries have not yet set-up their monitoring cells to review and monitor progress of all pending disciplinary inquiries on a day-to-day basis.
"All ministries or departments may send an action taken report on setting up of a monitoring cell, to this department within a month from the receipt of these guidelines," it said, adding that all the departments are requested to follow the guidelines in letter and spirit to strengthen their vigilance set-up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation