Maken sticks to statement on Kalamdi`s appointment
New Delhi: Unfazed by the Opposition attack, Sports Minister Ajay Maken on Monday maintained that Suresh Kalmadi`s appointment as CWG Organising Committee chief was done during the NDA rule and he was willing to give
clarifications in Parliament on his statement.
"I am surprised and appalled by the privilege motion because I still stick to my statement which I made in both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha," Maken said outside Parliament House.
The minister questioned the Opposition`s conduct in Parliament over the issue and said they should have sought a clarification from him on his statement.
"I am appalled to see, instead of seeking clarification on my statement, they are busy creating ruckus in the House and not letting me reply and thereby giving me a breach of privilege notice.
"This is something which is unfortunate and if they allow me to speak in Parliament, I can give reply to what they are seeking," he told reporters.
Maintaining that he was 100 percent sure and 100 percent right on fact, Maken said the Host City contract signed during NDA rule led to the chairmanship of Suresh Kalmadi.
"The IOA on November 1, 2004 getting benefit from the Host City contract elected - not selected, not recommended - Suresh Kalmadi as Organising Committee chairman and the people who elected Kalmadi as Organising Committee chairman were Viajy Kumar Malhotra, Abhay Chautala, Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa, Tarlochan Singh --all from the NDA," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...