Malaria kits, clorine tabs given to security personnel
Ranchi: Adequate medicines have been given
to the Central para military forces to fight mosquito bites in
interior areas of Jharkhand where assembly elections are being
held in five-phases.
"Quinine tablets and Rapid Diagnostic Kits have been
made available to the central para military forces. Clorine
tablets have also been distributed for safe drinking water,"
an Election Commission release said here.
In all, 71 security personnel are being treated for
various diseases, including malaria at the Rajendra Institute
of Medical Sciences in Ranchi, the release said adding all of
them were on the path of recovery.
The CRPF, BSF and CISF are among the central forces
deployed in the state for smooth conduct of poll in the face
of Maoist poll boycott call.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open