Malaria kits, clorine tabs given to security personnel
Ranchi: Adequate medicines have been given
to the Central para military forces to fight mosquito bites in
interior areas of Jharkhand where assembly elections are being
held in five-phases.
"Quinine tablets and Rapid Diagnostic Kits have been
made available to the central para military forces. Clorine
tablets have also been distributed for safe drinking water,"
an Election Commission release said here.
In all, 71 security personnel are being treated for
various diseases, including malaria at the Rajendra Institute
of Medical Sciences in Ranchi, the release said adding all of
them were on the path of recovery.
The CRPF, BSF and CISF are among the central forces
deployed in the state for smooth conduct of poll in the face
of Maoist poll boycott call.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report