Malaysia announces $164,000 fund for Sikhs
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysia has announced about USD 164,000 contribution for the local Sikh community in Sentul neighbourhood near here to fund their social and cultural activities.
Appreciating the contribution by Sikh community in country`s social, economic and education development, Deputy Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin said the minority community had an eminent role to play in country`s wealth creation.
"I want this (contribution) to continue for the future. We want the economic cake to be expanded so that we can all share its wealth," he said during the Vasakhi celebration at the Gurdwara Sahib in Sentul.
Ethnic Indians form eight percent of Malaysia`s population of 28 million people.
A majority of them are Hindu Tamils while small pockets of Sikhs and also Hindus from other state live in this multi ethnic country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- None of your concern, says Indian Army after China's warning over deployment of BrahMos missile in Arunachal
- PHOTOS: BRUTAL! Randy Orton receives 10 staples after Brock Lesnar's assault at SummerSlam
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?