Malaysia announces $164,000 fund for Sikhs
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysia has announced about USD 164,000 contribution for the local Sikh community in Sentul neighbourhood near here to fund their social and cultural activities.
Appreciating the contribution by Sikh community in country`s social, economic and education development, Deputy Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin said the minority community had an eminent role to play in country`s wealth creation.
"I want this (contribution) to continue for the future. We want the economic cake to be expanded so that we can all share its wealth," he said during the Vasakhi celebration at the Gurdwara Sahib in Sentul.
Ethnic Indians form eight percent of Malaysia`s population of 28 million people.
A majority of them are Hindu Tamils while small pockets of Sikhs and also Hindus from other state live in this multi ethnic country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?