Maldivian FM holds talks with SM Krishna
New Delhi: In the first high-level political
contact between the two countries since the change of
government in Male, Maldivian Foreign Minister Abdul Samad
Abdulla today held talks with External Affairs Minister SM
During the talks, Abdulla is understood to have given a
fresh update on the situation in his country which has
witnessed political turmoil for the past couple of months
following the resignation of Md Nasheed as President and his
replacement by Md Waheed Hassan.
Bilateral ties was also understood to have come up at
the talks between the two ministers.
Maldives plunged into political turmoil after 44-year-old
Nasheed, the country`s first democratically-elected President,
resigned on February 7 in what he claims was a coup.
The new government is headed by Nasheed`s former deputy
Male has already announced that Waheed Hassan will visit
India in May to undertake his first trip abroad since assuming
the top post in Maldives.
The announcement of Waheed Hassan`s visit came close on
the heels of his Nasheed`s statement that he will visit India
in mid-April to seek support for his efforts to have early
elections and restore a democratically-elected government in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!