Maldivian President arrives in Delhi for Narendra Modi`s oath ceremony
New Delhi: MaldivianPresident Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom, has arrived here to attend prime minister-designate Narendra Modi`s swearing-in ceremony as the 15th prime minister of India on Monday.
All arrangements for the swearing-in ceremony of 63-year-old Modi, who led BJP to an astounding victory in the Lok Sabha polls, have been made.
It is expected that nearly 3,000 guests, including seven SAARC Heads of Government, will attend the landmark event.
This is the first time that SAARC Heads of Government have been invited to the swearing-in ceremony of an Indian Prime Minister.
President Pranab Mukherjee will administer the oath of office and secrecy to Modi and his council of Ministers in the presence of a host of leaders, including outgoing Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice president Rahul Gandhi, besides leaders of various other parties and chief ministers of a number of states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...