Maldivian President to arrive on India visit
New Delhi: Maldivian President Yameen Abdul Gayoom will arrive here Wednesday afternoon on his first official visit after assuming office in November.
During his four-day visit, he will discuss key bilateral and regional issues with the Indian leadership.
New Delhi has already asserted that Gayoom`s visit will enhance ties.
External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said the visit would provide an opportunity to further enhance the close and multifaceted relations between India and the Maldives.
Accompanied by his wife and a high level delegation, Gayoom would meet President Pranab Mukherjee and hold bilateral discussions with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh tomorrow.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'