Maldivian President to arrive on India visit
New Delhi: Maldivian President Yameen Abdul Gayoom will arrive here Wednesday afternoon on his first official visit after assuming office in November.
During his four-day visit, he will discuss key bilateral and regional issues with the Indian leadership.
New Delhi has already asserted that Gayoom`s visit will enhance ties.
External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said the visit would provide an opportunity to further enhance the close and multifaceted relations between India and the Maldives.
Accompanied by his wife and a high level delegation, Gayoom would meet President Pranab Mukherjee and hold bilateral discussions with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested