Malegaon blast: NIA to file chargesheet on Nov 4
Mumbai: The National Investigation Agency
(NIA) today informed a court hearing the 2006 Malegaon bomb
blast case that it would file additional chargesheet against
the nine accused on November 4.
NIA also told the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime
Act (MCOCA) court that it would file its say on the bail
petition of the nine accused on the same day.
All the accused were today produced before Judge Y D
Shinde, who adjourned the hearing in the case till November
In the wake of Swami Aseemanand`s confession that pointed
to a right-wing group`s involvement in the case, the accused
had earlier sought bail.
Aseemanand had been arrested for his alleged role in the
2007 Mecca Masjid blasts.
"From the confession, it is clear that those responsible
for the 2006 Malegaon blasts, are persons far removed from the
current accused," they said in the bail plea.
The accused further pleaded that they have been in jail
for the past four years and "there is no direct evidence of
their involvement in the said offence and it was only based on
the forcibly-taken confession statement".
Aseemanand, in his confession, that was recorded before
the magistrate few months ago, had alleged that a right-wing
group was responsible for the 2006 blasts in Malegaon, which
killed 37 people and injured over 100.
The blasts had occurred near Hamidia mosque in the Bada
Kabristan area around 1.15 pm on September 8, 2006, after
Police had arrested nine persons -- Salman Farsi, Shabir
Ahmed, Noorulhuda Doha, Rais Ahmed, Mohammed Ali, Asif Khan,
Javed Sheikh, Faroogue Ansari and Abrar Ahmed - for their
alleged involvement in the blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- Akhilesh Yadav's big revelation - 'Amar Singh said something big will happen in October in Samajwadi Party'