Malegaon blasts: Bail plea of 9 accused rejected
Mumbai: A special MCOCA court here on Tuesday rejected the bail plea of nine persons accused in the 2006
The nine accused had moved the special Maharashtra
Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court last month
seeking bail on the basis of the confessional statement of
Swami Aseemanand, a key accused in the Samjhauta blasts case.
Aseemanand had said that right-wing groups were
responsible and involved in the 2006 bombings.
The anti-terrorism squad of the Maharashtra police which
investigated the case had arrested nine persons -Salman Farsi,
Shabir Ahmed, Noorulhuda Doha, Rais Ahmed, Mohammed Ali, Asif
Khan, Javed Sheikh, Dr Faroogue Ansari and Abrar Ahmed ? for
their alleged involvement in the blast.
The blasts took place near the Hamidia Mosque in the Bada
Kabristanat around 1.15 pm on September 8, 2006, killing 37
people and injuring over 100.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda