Malegaon blasts: Bail plea of 9 accused rejected
Mumbai: A special MCOCA court here on Tuesday rejected the bail plea of nine persons accused in the 2006
The nine accused had moved the special Maharashtra
Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court last month
seeking bail on the basis of the confessional statement of
Swami Aseemanand, a key accused in the Samjhauta blasts case.
Aseemanand had said that right-wing groups were
responsible and involved in the 2006 bombings.
The anti-terrorism squad of the Maharashtra police which
investigated the case had arrested nine persons -Salman Farsi,
Shabir Ahmed, Noorulhuda Doha, Rais Ahmed, Mohammed Ali, Asif
Khan, Javed Sheikh, Dr Faroogue Ansari and Abrar Ahmed ? for
their alleged involvement in the blast.
The blasts took place near the Hamidia Mosque in the Bada
Kabristanat around 1.15 pm on September 8, 2006, killing 37
people and injuring over 100.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you