Malegaon blasts: Bail plea of 9 accused rejected
Mumbai: A special MCOCA court here on Tuesday rejected the bail plea of nine persons accused in the 2006
The nine accused had moved the special Maharashtra
Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court last month
seeking bail on the basis of the confessional statement of
Swami Aseemanand, a key accused in the Samjhauta blasts case.
Aseemanand had said that right-wing groups were
responsible and involved in the 2006 bombings.
The anti-terrorism squad of the Maharashtra police which
investigated the case had arrested nine persons -Salman Farsi,
Shabir Ahmed, Noorulhuda Doha, Rais Ahmed, Mohammed Ali, Asif
Khan, Javed Sheikh, Dr Faroogue Ansari and Abrar Ahmed ? for
their alleged involvement in the blast.
The blasts took place near the Hamidia Mosque in the Bada
Kabristanat around 1.15 pm on September 8, 2006, killing 37
people and injuring over 100.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi