Malegaon blasts: Bail plea of 9 accused rejected
Mumbai: A special MCOCA court here on Tuesday rejected the bail plea of nine persons accused in the 2006
The nine accused had moved the special Maharashtra
Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court last month
seeking bail on the basis of the confessional statement of
Swami Aseemanand, a key accused in the Samjhauta blasts case.
Aseemanand had said that right-wing groups were
responsible and involved in the 2006 bombings.
The anti-terrorism squad of the Maharashtra police which
investigated the case had arrested nine persons -Salman Farsi,
Shabir Ahmed, Noorulhuda Doha, Rais Ahmed, Mohammed Ali, Asif
Khan, Javed Sheikh, Dr Faroogue Ansari and Abrar Ahmed ? for
their alleged involvement in the blast.
The blasts took place near the Hamidia Mosque in the Bada
Kabristanat around 1.15 pm on September 8, 2006, killing 37
people and injuring over 100.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city