`Malicious campaign` will strengthen my case: Chatwal
Washington: Hitting out at the "malicious
campaign" against him after the government awarded him the
Padma Bhushan, NRI hotelier SS Chatwal said on Monday that this
had only strengthened his resolve to work for strengthening
Denying that he carried any "background and baggage,"
Chatwal said none of his fund raising offers or his personal
financial contributions had ever been turned down.
Chatwal, 63, said if the allegations were true, his fund
raisers and contributions to election campaigns of top
Democratic party leaders had not been accepted over the past
"Certainly that has not been the case," Chatwal told a news agency.
Chairman of Indian American Democratic Committee, Chatwal
said he is "pained" and "personally hurt" at the
Responding to reports that his offer to raise USD 10
million for the Obama Campaign was turned down, he said: "The
matter of the fact is that he (Obama) was all booked up with
events across the country and a time and date could not be
"Such malicious campaign is personally hurting. But, it
only strengthens my resolve to continue to work and redouble
my efforts for deepening of ties between the two greatest
democracies of the world," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says