Mamata alleges murder attempt after lorry hits convoy car
Kolkata: A lorry hit a car of Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee`s convoy Monday evening at Kolaghat Bridge in East Midnapore district when she was returning to the city after her meeting in Maoist-affected Lalgarh. The Trinamool Congress leader alleged that the lorry had targeted her car.
"When the convoy was crossing the congested Kolaghat Bridge in East Midnapore district, a lorry coming from the opposite direction seemed to lose control and hit a car of the convoy," East Midnapore District Magistrate Archana said over phone.
One of the convoy members - an Intelligence Bureau (IB) sleuth - was injured.
The driver of the lorry has been arrested.
Banerjee, however, alleged that the lorry had tried to hit her car. "It was a deliberate attempt to hit my car and cause an accident."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof