Mamata alleges murder attempt after lorry hits convoy car
Kolkata: A lorry hit a car of Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee`s convoy Monday evening at Kolaghat Bridge in East Midnapore district when she was returning to the city after her meeting in Maoist-affected Lalgarh. The Trinamool Congress leader alleged that the lorry had targeted her car.
"When the convoy was crossing the congested Kolaghat Bridge in East Midnapore district, a lorry coming from the opposite direction seemed to lose control and hit a car of the convoy," East Midnapore District Magistrate Archana said over phone.
One of the convoy members - an Intelligence Bureau (IB) sleuth - was injured.
The driver of the lorry has been arrested.
Banerjee, however, alleged that the lorry had tried to hit her car. "It was a deliberate attempt to hit my car and cause an accident."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez