Mamata Banerjee flags off three new Duronto Express trains
New Delhi: Minister Mamata Banerjee flagged off three new non-stop Duronto trains here on Wednesday.
The trains would run from New Delhi to Howrah, Bhubaneshwar and to Jammu Tawi.
The three trains - New Delhi-Bhubaneswar, New Delhi-Howrah, and Delhi Sarai Rohilla-Jammu Tawi - are among the 14 Duronto trains announced in the interim railway budget of 2009-10, of which 10 are in service
Banerjee also unveiled a prototype model of a double-decker air-conditioned coach at the flag off function. This double-decker chair car will have increased seating capacity of about 128 seats with large sized windows.
Banerjee said that the Railways has fulfilled its commitment made in the last budget.
"Last year the budget was presented in the month of June and was approved and passed in July-August. We had seven to eight months, but in the time we had, we have fulfilled the commitments made in the last budget. For this I would like to congratulate the whole railway department," she added.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit was present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- GER V SVK: Slovakia eye Germany upset in Euro 2016 pre-quarters
- WAL v NIR: Gareth McAuley own-goal sends Wales into Quarter-finals of Euro 2016
- Jharkhand wants 5 more batallions of CRPF to fight Naxals
- UN can't verify incendiary bombs in Syria, concerned by reports
- Stop trafficking with a click! New TraffickCam app targets sex workers