Mamata Banerjee`s footwear creates furore
New Delhi: An FIR has been lodged on
behalf of Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee against a shoe
manufacturer for allegedly putting out an advertisement
featuring her picture without her permission.
The full page advertisement that claims that Mamata
was wearing rubber slippers manufactured by Ajanta Company,
was published in June 21 edition in Sambad Pratidin, a Kolkata
based Bengali newspaper.
"Railways has lodged the FIR against Ajanta Company in
the Parliament Street police station. It was published without
the knowledge and permission of the Cabinet Minister," said a
senior Railway Ministry official.
The complaint has been lodged on the minister`s behalf
by an official of Railways on June 22.
"She is very upset over it. The ad, it seems, has been
put out for pecuniary gains by exploiting Mamata`s image," the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands