Mamata Banerjee`s footwear creates furore
New Delhi: An FIR has been lodged on
behalf of Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee against a shoe
manufacturer for allegedly putting out an advertisement
featuring her picture without her permission.
The full page advertisement that claims that Mamata
was wearing rubber slippers manufactured by Ajanta Company,
was published in June 21 edition in Sambad Pratidin, a Kolkata
based Bengali newspaper.
"Railways has lodged the FIR against Ajanta Company in
the Parliament Street police station. It was published without
the knowledge and permission of the Cabinet Minister," said a
senior Railway Ministry official.
The complaint has been lodged on the minister`s behalf
by an official of Railways on June 22.
"She is very upset over it. The ad, it seems, has been
put out for pecuniary gains by exploiting Mamata`s image," the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?