Mamata can stay in UPA till she wants to: Digvijay
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Saturday said Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee can stay in the UPA till she wants to.
Speaking to Zeenews.com’s Swati Chaturvedi on Kahiye Janab, Singh said, “Mamata is still in the UPA, her party’s ministers are part of the UPA.”
He however criticised the West Bengal Chief Minister for taking to social networking for seeking support for APJ Abdul Kalam in connection with Presidential elections.
“Who is Mamata asking for votes on Facebook,” Singh asked.
He said Mamata and Mulayam Singh had taken the issue very lightly when they announced three names, including that of PM Manmohan Singh.
The Congress leader further said the UPA will miss Pranab Mukherjee but added, someone else will take his shoes.
He also expressed hope that the NDA will support Pranab’s candidature.
“There are chances the NDA will support Pranab. They believe there is no other better candidate,” Singh said.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Indian Mathematician mimics viruses to design smallest self-assembling structures
- TN polls: DMK promises metro rail service for Coimbatore
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015