Mamata can stay in UPA till she wants to: Digvijay
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Saturday said Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee can stay in the UPA till she wants to.
Speaking to Zeenews.com’s Swati Chaturvedi on Kahiye Janab, Singh said, “Mamata is still in the UPA, her party’s ministers are part of the UPA.”
He however criticised the West Bengal Chief Minister for taking to social networking for seeking support for APJ Abdul Kalam in connection with Presidential elections.
“Who is Mamata asking for votes on Facebook,” Singh asked.
He said Mamata and Mulayam Singh had taken the issue very lightly when they announced three names, including that of PM Manmohan Singh.
The Congress leader further said the UPA will miss Pranab Mukherjee but added, someone else will take his shoes.
He also expressed hope that the NDA will support Pranab’s candidature.
“There are chances the NDA will support Pranab. They believe there is no other better candidate,” Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi