Mamata can stay in UPA till she wants to: Digvijay
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Saturday said Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee can stay in the UPA till she wants to.
Speaking to Zeenews.com’s Swati Chaturvedi on Kahiye Janab, Singh said, “Mamata is still in the UPA, her party’s ministers are part of the UPA.”
He however criticised the West Bengal Chief Minister for taking to social networking for seeking support for APJ Abdul Kalam in connection with Presidential elections.
“Who is Mamata asking for votes on Facebook,” Singh asked.
He said Mamata and Mulayam Singh had taken the issue very lightly when they announced three names, including that of PM Manmohan Singh.
The Congress leader further said the UPA will miss Pranab Mukherjee but added, someone else will take his shoes.
He also expressed hope that the NDA will support Pranab’s candidature.
“There are chances the NDA will support Pranab. They believe there is no other better candidate,” Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP