Mamata can stay in UPA till she wants to: Digvijay
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Saturday said Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee can stay in the UPA till she wants to.
Speaking to Zeenews.com’s Swati Chaturvedi on Kahiye Janab, Singh said, “Mamata is still in the UPA, her party’s ministers are part of the UPA.”
He however criticised the West Bengal Chief Minister for taking to social networking for seeking support for APJ Abdul Kalam in connection with Presidential elections.
“Who is Mamata asking for votes on Facebook,” Singh asked.
He said Mamata and Mulayam Singh had taken the issue very lightly when they announced three names, including that of PM Manmohan Singh.
The Congress leader further said the UPA will miss Pranab Mukherjee but added, someone else will take his shoes.
He also expressed hope that the NDA will support Pranab’s candidature.
“There are chances the NDA will support Pranab. They believe there is no other better candidate,” Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest