Mamata can stay in UPA till she wants to: Digvijay
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Saturday said Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee can stay in the UPA till she wants to.
Speaking to Zeenews.com’s Swati Chaturvedi on Kahiye Janab, Singh said, “Mamata is still in the UPA, her party’s ministers are part of the UPA.”
He however criticised the West Bengal Chief Minister for taking to social networking for seeking support for APJ Abdul Kalam in connection with Presidential elections.
“Who is Mamata asking for votes on Facebook,” Singh asked.
He said Mamata and Mulayam Singh had taken the issue very lightly when they announced three names, including that of PM Manmohan Singh.
The Congress leader further said the UPA will miss Pranab Mukherjee but added, someone else will take his shoes.
He also expressed hope that the NDA will support Pranab’s candidature.
“There are chances the NDA will support Pranab. They believe there is no other better candidate,” Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cairn-Vedanta merger to happen by 2016-end: Anil Agarwal
- Withdraw your children from Pakistan schools - India's advisory to diplomats
- Iraq overtakes Saudi Arabia as India's top oil seller
- STOP THIS SHAME! Pakistani doctor living in Gujarat tried to molest 16-year-old patient?
- Karnataka: KSRTC strike affects commuters, Bengaluru worst hit