Mamata deflects questions on TMC`s possible tie-up with BJP
New Delhi: As Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi sought to reach out to her, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday deflected questions on the possibilities her party`s tie-up with BJP.
"Whatever I have come to know, he (Modi) appreciated the government....Political differences could be there but a government`s work can be appreciated by anyone," she said.
Banerjee was asked to respond to the praise heaped by Modi at her government at a programme in Kolkata today.
In reply to a question on suggestions on a tie-up with BJP, she said the "Planning Commission is not a political centre. It is a development and economic centre."
Banerjee was at the Planning Commission to discuss her state`s annual plan allocation.
Modi has slammed the previous Left Front government in West Bengal, alleging that it had left a lot of potholes during its 32-year rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back