Mamata, Foreign Secy tight-lipped over Teesta
Kolkata: Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai
on Saturday held a meeting with West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee with both being tight-lipped over what was discussed.
"I tell you it was a routine meeting," the chief
minister told reporters when asked if the Teesta water-sharing
treaty issue figured in the 30-minute talks.
The foreign secretary also refused comment when asked
if the Teesta river water treaty issue was discussed with the
chief minister, but said `regional cooperation` came up in
"The chief minister is kind enough to receive me. We
discussed all issues relating to some of our neighbouring
countries and the discussion was useful and fruitful",Mathai
The chief had earlier written a letter to Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh saying that a large quantity of water
from the Farakka Barrage was flowing into Bangladesh because
of two damaged sluice gates and urged him to take action.
Mathai said he has here to attend the Bangladesh,
China, India and Myanmar (BCIM) meeting beginning on Monday
"which relates to better linkages between these four
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery