Mamata, Jagan reportedly discuss Federal Front
Kolkata: The formation of a Federal Front before the Lok Sabha polls reportedly figured at a meeting between Trinamool Congress (TC) supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy who met her to seek her support against bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
"Discussions on a Federal Front is on at political level. It will be decided later," Banerjee told reporters after the meeting at the state secretariat in the presence of Reddy.
Describing Jaganmohan Reddy as a younger brother, Banerjee said that she was in touch with him and his mother.
The YSR Congress president said that relations with Banerjee were cordial.
The TC supremo had earlier appealed to non-Congress and non-BJP regional parties to float a federal front before the Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands