Mamata, Jagan reportedly discuss Federal Front
Kolkata: The formation of a Federal Front before the Lok Sabha polls reportedly figured at a meeting between Trinamool Congress (TC) supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy who met her to seek her support against bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
"Discussions on a Federal Front is on at political level. It will be decided later," Banerjee told reporters after the meeting at the state secretariat in the presence of Reddy.
Describing Jaganmohan Reddy as a younger brother, Banerjee said that she was in touch with him and his mother.
The YSR Congress president said that relations with Banerjee were cordial.
The TC supremo had earlier appealed to non-Congress and non-BJP regional parties to float a federal front before the Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!