Mamata, Jagan reportedly discuss Federal Front
Kolkata: The formation of a Federal Front before the Lok Sabha polls reportedly figured at a meeting between Trinamool Congress (TC) supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy who met her to seek her support against bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
"Discussions on a Federal Front is on at political level. It will be decided later," Banerjee told reporters after the meeting at the state secretariat in the presence of Reddy.
Describing Jaganmohan Reddy as a younger brother, Banerjee said that she was in touch with him and his mother.
The YSR Congress president said that relations with Banerjee were cordial.
The TC supremo had earlier appealed to non-Congress and non-BJP regional parties to float a federal front before the Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police