Mamata maintains duplicity and opportunism: Brinda Karat
Patna: Politburo member Brinda Karat on Friday accused Trinamool Congress chief and Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee of maintaining "duplicity and opportunism" on important issues.
"We have been told that Banerjee preferred to be quiet when the proposal for disinvestment of a Navratna PSU was being discussed at the Cabinet," Karat told a press conference here.
"We also got to know that Banerjee stood up when Women`s Reservation Bill came up for discussion at the Union Cabinet,"
It was proved that she maintained "duplicity" on major economic issues related to disinvestment of Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) and was "opportunist" in politics, Karat said.
Referring to absence of Trinamool MPs when Women`s Reservation Bill was moved in Rajya Sabha, Karat said, "Mamata`s stand on Women`s Reservation Bill and disinvestment issue is indicative of her double standards."
Asked whether Congress did not want to bring the bill to Lok Sabha, Karat said, "I can only say that Congress lacks the political will to bring the bill."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- PM Modi inaugurates new passenger trains for Northeast, says government sincere about development of region
- Champions League: WOAH! Fan splurges over Rs 9,00,000 for one football ticket!
- Vijay Mallya and his lavish lifestyle: Watch video
- Wow! Watch how Ambani family travels in style!
- JMM to field one candidate in Jharkhand RS poll