Mamata maintains duplicity and opportunism: Brinda Karat
Patna: Politburo member Brinda Karat on Friday accused Trinamool Congress chief and Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee of maintaining "duplicity and opportunism" on important issues.
"We have been told that Banerjee preferred to be quiet when the proposal for disinvestment of a Navratna PSU was being discussed at the Cabinet," Karat told a press conference here.
"We also got to know that Banerjee stood up when Women`s Reservation Bill came up for discussion at the Union Cabinet,"
It was proved that she maintained "duplicity" on major economic issues related to disinvestment of Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) and was "opportunist" in politics, Karat said.
Referring to absence of Trinamool MPs when Women`s Reservation Bill was moved in Rajya Sabha, Karat said, "Mamata`s stand on Women`s Reservation Bill and disinvestment issue is indicative of her double standards."
Asked whether Congress did not want to bring the bill to Lok Sabha, Karat said, "I can only say that Congress lacks the political will to bring the bill."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan