Mamata rejects BJP`s attempt to rope in TMC on coalgate scam
New Delhi: BJP`s attempts to rope in Trinamool Congress in its attack against the government over the CAG report on coal blocks allocation have failed with TMC chief Mamata Banerjee rejecting the move.
In its campaign of seeking Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s resignation on the coal blocks issue, BJP is understood to have appealed to the TMC to join its fight.
Sources said BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain and Rajiv Pratap Rudy had a "chance meeting" with TMC leader Mamata Banerjee at the Delhi airport late last evening when the two leaders are understood to have sought TMC`s support for its campaign against "corruption" in the UPA government and in cornering the government over the recent CAG reports.
Sources close to Banerjee said "there is nothing serious" in the discussions and party chief has rejected the BJP request for siding with it. "We are not going with BJP," said a senior TMC leader.
Though the BJP leaders admitted having met Mamata Banerjee, they termed the meeting as a "chance meeting" and said there was no political talk during the meeting.
Hussain said, "It was a chance meeting as Mamata Banerjee has been our former colleague in the NDA."
Earlier confirming the meeting, a close aide of Banerjee said, "The BJP leaders had discussed certain issues with Mamata Banerjee including TMC`s stand on coalgate scam."
The party has been stalling Parliament for the last two days on the coal blocks allocation issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what