Mamata rules out possibility of Modi becoming PM
Budge Budge: Trinamool Congress Chief Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday continued her attack on Narendra Modi and ruled out his possibility to become the Prime Minister saying "those who have cause riots, has no right to become a PM candidate".
Banerjee, who had demanded Modi`s arrest, said that "It is not that easy. After (he) had said all this, had I been in the Central government I would have tied (him) with ropes and would have made him walk on the road."
She was referring to Modi`s statement that if the TMC chief wants to sent him jail then she should not waste money for issuing tender for buying rope.
"Just tell me which jail I have to go. I will go there myself. I am here. My first job in jail will be to learn the Bengali language," he had said in a rally earlier in the day.
Attacking Modi, she said, those who have caused riots, has no right to become a PM candidate.
"There can be a challenge on it if any day opportunity comes. But that opportunity would not come. The opportunity won`t come, do not worry. Some with money are projecting (Modi as PM) like gas balloon. On May 16, the gas balloon will burst and when the ballot boxes would be opened it will be only see two flowers (the symbol of TMC)," Banerjee said ruling out the possibility of Modi becoming the PM.
With Trinamool Congress supremo demanding his arrest, BJP`s prime ministerial candidate at three rallies in West Bengal 0today said that she got angry with him for raising the issue of Bangladeshi infiltrators which she herself had raised in 2005.
"Didi gets angry with me as your love for me increases. She remembers me 200 times a day. I don`t know what she says of me. But Didi, your every word is blessing for me," Modi told an election meeting at Krishnanagar.
The West Bengal Chief Minister attacked Modi at three rallies at minority-dominated Budge Budge, Metiabruz and at Chowrashtra in Behala.
"People of Bengal were being dubbed as refugees and shamed. Some people were being called infiltrators. If they try to divide Bengal, if they try to evict anyone, I will guard you. I will not let anyone touch you. He said I respect refugees. Who is a refugee? Does he understand what it means?" she said.
"Those who came here even after 1971 were Indians. The Indira-Mujib treaty is clear on this," she added.
On Modi`s charge that she had raised the issue of infiltrators in 2005, Banerjee said "I had raised the issue of bogus ration cards in Bengal."
"After we came to power in the state we took steps and 88 lakh bogus ration cards were detected most of them were CPI(M) cadres," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22