Mamata ‘shocked and astonished’ by SFI attack
Kolkata: A day after she was gheraoed and her minister Amit Mitra manhandled by Left protesters in New Delhi, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday said she was "shocked and astonished" at the "unprecedented" incident.
"Politics has become so dirty and nasty. I have spent about 25 years in Delhi since my election as Member of Parliament in 1984. What I saw yesterday is totally unprecedented and I have no words to express my condemnation of this incident," she said in a Facebook post.
"I am really shocked and astonished to see the incident... in front of Planning Commission, a constitutional body which had invited us for finalisation of Annual Plan size for Bengal," Banerjee said.
The Chief Minister, however, thanked media and common people for showing concern about them.
Banerjee and Mitra had gone to Planning Commission office in New Delhi to discuss the state`s annual plans yesterday, where they were gheraoed and heckled by SFI activists protesting against the death of one of their colleagues in police custody here last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security