Mamata ‘shocked and astonished’ by SFI attack
Kolkata: A day after she was gheraoed and her minister Amit Mitra manhandled by Left protesters in New Delhi, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday said she was "shocked and astonished" at the "unprecedented" incident.
"Politics has become so dirty and nasty. I have spent about 25 years in Delhi since my election as Member of Parliament in 1984. What I saw yesterday is totally unprecedented and I have no words to express my condemnation of this incident," she said in a Facebook post.
"I am really shocked and astonished to see the incident... in front of Planning Commission, a constitutional body which had invited us for finalisation of Annual Plan size for Bengal," Banerjee said.
The Chief Minister, however, thanked media and common people for showing concern about them.
Banerjee and Mitra had gone to Planning Commission office in New Delhi to discuss the state`s annual plans yesterday, where they were gheraoed and heckled by SFI activists protesting against the death of one of their colleagues in police custody here last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- WikiLeaks to release 'significant' material on Clinton
- Fernando Alonso praises McLaren as Honda introduce engine upgrades
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!