Mamata should leave UPA if she is against corruption: BJP
Kolkata: Accusing Trinamool Congress chief
Mamata Banerjee of remaining silent on the 2G spectrum scam,
the BJP said she should resign as Railway Minister and
dissociate from the UPA, if she was against corruption.
"Both the Congress and the Trinamool Congress support
corruption. If the Trinamool Congress is against corruption,
let Mamata Banerjee resign as Railway Minister and come out of
the UPA," BJP General Secretary Vinay Katiyar told a press
In reply to a question, he ruled out any possibility
of his party`s alliance with the Left following the latter`s
demand with the BJP for a JPC probe into the 2G spectrum scam.
Accusing the Leftists of serving the interests of China
and Russia, he said, "We only happen to be demanding the JPC
together. It doesn`t mean an alliance. Sometimes, I tell my
Communist friends that red, the colour of their flag, is
the colour of Hanuman."
Pointing that neither the CPI(M), nor Trinamool Congress,
could provide good governance in West Bengal, he said the BJP
would work to become the deciding factor in forming the
government in the state after next year`s Assembly polls.
"CPI(M) and Trinamool Congress activists are having an
identity crisis. This is leading to infiltration of criminals
in these parties, resulting in violence all over the state,"
Katiyar said if his party was able to form the government
in the state, it would bring about development and ensure law
and order as it had done in other states where it was in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins