Mamata should leave UPA if she is against corruption: BJP
Kolkata: Accusing Trinamool Congress chief
Mamata Banerjee of remaining silent on the 2G spectrum scam,
the BJP said she should resign as Railway Minister and
dissociate from the UPA, if she was against corruption.
"Both the Congress and the Trinamool Congress support
corruption. If the Trinamool Congress is against corruption,
let Mamata Banerjee resign as Railway Minister and come out of
the UPA," BJP General Secretary Vinay Katiyar told a press
In reply to a question, he ruled out any possibility
of his party`s alliance with the Left following the latter`s
demand with the BJP for a JPC probe into the 2G spectrum scam.
Accusing the Leftists of serving the interests of China
and Russia, he said, "We only happen to be demanding the JPC
together. It doesn`t mean an alliance. Sometimes, I tell my
Communist friends that red, the colour of their flag, is
the colour of Hanuman."
Pointing that neither the CPI(M), nor Trinamool Congress,
could provide good governance in West Bengal, he said the BJP
would work to become the deciding factor in forming the
government in the state after next year`s Assembly polls.
"CPI(M) and Trinamool Congress activists are having an
identity crisis. This is leading to infiltration of criminals
in these parties, resulting in violence all over the state,"
Katiyar said if his party was able to form the government
in the state, it would bring about development and ensure law
and order as it had done in other states where it was in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!