Mamata to arrive in Delhi for Prez Pranab
New Delhi: West Bengal Chief Minister and Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee, who has had a sweet and sour relationship with Pranab Mukherjee over the years, will arrive here on Tuesday to attend latter’s swearing-in as the 13th President of India tomorrow.
Mamata will be accompanied with other TMC leaders – Kunal Ghosh, Derek O Brien and Mukul Roy will attend the swearing-in to be held at the Central Hall of Parliament on July 25.
The Trinamool chief, who opposed Pranab’s candidature for the top post almost till the end before finally backing him in the election, had even congratulated him over telephone after his victory over PA Sangma.
Mukherjee had requested her to attend his swearing in function as President on July 25.
She also invited him to visit West Bengal first after winning the elections.
With PTI Inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed