Mamata to arrive in Delhi for Prez Pranab
New Delhi: West Bengal Chief Minister and Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee, who has had a sweet and sour relationship with Pranab Mukherjee over the years, will arrive here on Tuesday to attend latter’s swearing-in as the 13th President of India tomorrow.
Mamata will be accompanied with other TMC leaders – Kunal Ghosh, Derek O Brien and Mukul Roy will attend the swearing-in to be held at the Central Hall of Parliament on July 25.
The Trinamool chief, who opposed Pranab’s candidature for the top post almost till the end before finally backing him in the election, had even congratulated him over telephone after his victory over PA Sangma.
Mukherjee had requested her to attend his swearing in function as President on July 25.
She also invited him to visit West Bengal first after winning the elections.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi