Mamata to arrive in Delhi for Prez Pranab
New Delhi: West Bengal Chief Minister and Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee, who has had a sweet and sour relationship with Pranab Mukherjee over the years, will arrive here on Tuesday to attend latter’s swearing-in as the 13th President of India tomorrow.
Mamata will be accompanied with other TMC leaders – Kunal Ghosh, Derek O Brien and Mukul Roy will attend the swearing-in to be held at the Central Hall of Parliament on July 25.
The Trinamool chief, who opposed Pranab’s candidature for the top post almost till the end before finally backing him in the election, had even congratulated him over telephone after his victory over PA Sangma.
Mukherjee had requested her to attend his swearing in function as President on July 25.
She also invited him to visit West Bengal first after winning the elections.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte says Southeast Asia will insist China respects sea ruling
- PC shipment grew 7.2% in Q2 2016, HP leads: IDC
- Army asks police to find if drones being flown in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- CRPF trooper killed in landslide near Vaishno Devi shrine
- Defamation case: Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Mahatma Gandhi's assassination