Mamata to arrive in Delhi for Prez Pranab
New Delhi: West Bengal Chief Minister and Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee, who has had a sweet and sour relationship with Pranab Mukherjee over the years, will arrive here on Tuesday to attend latter’s swearing-in as the 13th President of India tomorrow.
Mamata will be accompanied with other TMC leaders – Kunal Ghosh, Derek O Brien and Mukul Roy will attend the swearing-in to be held at the Central Hall of Parliament on July 25.
The Trinamool chief, who opposed Pranab’s candidature for the top post almost till the end before finally backing him in the election, had even congratulated him over telephone after his victory over PA Sangma.
Mukherjee had requested her to attend his swearing in function as President on July 25.
She also invited him to visit West Bengal first after winning the elections.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rio Olympics: Sushil Kumar backs 'younger brother' Narsingh Yadav, but hurt by being dragged in 'conspiracy' controversy
- Learn to make a pen stand out of waste material! Watch video
- Physical inactivity adding to India's NCD burden: Report
- Donald Trump leads Hillary Clinton in new national poll
- Derogatory remarks against Mayawati: Non-bailable warrant issued against Dayashankar Singh