Mamata to arrive in Delhi for Prez Pranab
New Delhi: West Bengal Chief Minister and Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee, who has had a sweet and sour relationship with Pranab Mukherjee over the years, will arrive here on Tuesday to attend latter’s swearing-in as the 13th President of India tomorrow.
Mamata will be accompanied with other TMC leaders – Kunal Ghosh, Derek O Brien and Mukul Roy will attend the swearing-in to be held at the Central Hall of Parliament on July 25.
The Trinamool chief, who opposed Pranab’s candidature for the top post almost till the end before finally backing him in the election, had even congratulated him over telephone after his victory over PA Sangma.
Mukherjee had requested her to attend his swearing in function as President on July 25.
She also invited him to visit West Bengal first after winning the elections.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'