Mamata urges regional parties to unite to oust UPA
Panihati: Stopping short of giving a call for a fourth front at the national-level, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday exhorted regional parties to come under one umbrella and oust the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre.
"Now there should be a slogan -- No third UPA government. Let all regional parties unite to provide a stable and pro-people government at the Centre," Banerjee told a party rally in this North 24 Parganas district town.
Claiming that the UPA would not come to power in the next Lok Sabha elections, the Trinamool Congress supremo said "One, two, three, bid goodbye to the UPA government. We want a change in the seat of power in Delhi.
"We have the strength to fight all odds and ensure that a third UPA government is not formed after the Lok Sabha elections," she said.
Banerjee, who spoke for nearly two hours, alleged a conspiracy by the Congress and the CPI(M) against her government, while dubbing the the central government `vindictive` towards West Bengal.
Alleging that the Centre wanted to deprive the state economically, she said that conspiracies began after the Trinamool Congress quit the UPA government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you