Mamata`s Delhi visit ploy to rebuild ties with Cong: CPI(M)
Kolkata: With West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee scheduled to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday, CPI(M) claimed on Monday that the trip was a ploy to rebuild ties with Congress ahead of the Lok Sabha polls.
"The actual story behind Banerjee`s visit to Delhi is not economic help. The actual purpose is to rebuild ties with Congress before the Lok Sabha polls," senior CPI(M) leader Suryakanta Mishra, who is the Leader of the Opposition in the Assembly, told reporters here.
"Congress is in a disarray so they also need a partner. Banerjee is going there to normalise relations," Mishra claimed.
The Chief Minister has said that her visit to Delhi is not political but entirely to put focus on the state`s financial situation.
Mishra also claimed that Banerjee wanted to avoid meeting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi during his visit here.
"She is shy of meeting Modi. So she is going to New Delhi during that time. It is better for her as it will create problem for her if she meets Modi," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested