Mamata`s Delhi visit ploy to rebuild ties with Cong: CPI(M)
Kolkata: With West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee scheduled to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday, CPI(M) claimed on Monday that the trip was a ploy to rebuild ties with Congress ahead of the Lok Sabha polls.
"The actual story behind Banerjee`s visit to Delhi is not economic help. The actual purpose is to rebuild ties with Congress before the Lok Sabha polls," senior CPI(M) leader Suryakanta Mishra, who is the Leader of the Opposition in the Assembly, told reporters here.
"Congress is in a disarray so they also need a partner. Banerjee is going there to normalise relations," Mishra claimed.
The Chief Minister has said that her visit to Delhi is not political but entirely to put focus on the state`s financial situation.
Mishra also claimed that Banerjee wanted to avoid meeting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi during his visit here.
"She is shy of meeting Modi. So she is going to New Delhi during that time. It is better for her as it will create problem for her if she meets Modi," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information