Mamata`s lifestyle impresses Bhutan PM
Kolkata: Bhutan`s Prime Minister Jigmy Y
Thinley on Friday said he was impressed by the "austere lifestyle"
of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
"I am impressed by the way she conducts her personal
life. It is a life of austerity. A leader should live in
austerity if he or she is truly committed to raising the
people out of poverty," Thinley, who met Banerjee over lunch
at Raj Bhavan, told a press conference.
"I understand that she is a leader who is ready to
sacrifice her life. When I met her, I expressed my
appreciation over her refusal to accept the kind of security
that is absolutely necessary for a person of her position," he
Noting that he had known Banerjee "for a long time" as a
"good servant of the people", Thinley said, "I have studied
and made enquiries about what motivates her. Today, I am
convinced that her motivation is the service of the people."
"I think Paschimbanga will see progress under her," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights