Mamata`s lifestyle impresses Bhutan PM
Kolkata: Bhutan`s Prime Minister Jigmy Y
Thinley on Friday said he was impressed by the "austere lifestyle"
of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
"I am impressed by the way she conducts her personal
life. It is a life of austerity. A leader should live in
austerity if he or she is truly committed to raising the
people out of poverty," Thinley, who met Banerjee over lunch
at Raj Bhavan, told a press conference.
"I understand that she is a leader who is ready to
sacrifice her life. When I met her, I expressed my
appreciation over her refusal to accept the kind of security
that is absolutely necessary for a person of her position," he
Noting that he had known Banerjee "for a long time" as a
"good servant of the people", Thinley said, "I have studied
and made enquiries about what motivates her. Today, I am
convinced that her motivation is the service of the people."
"I think Paschimbanga will see progress under her," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter