Mamata`s no-confidence motion will collapse: Congress
Ranchi: Interpreting Trinamool Congress` decision to bring a no-confidence motion against the UPA as amounting "coming closer" to the BJP, the Congress on Sunday said the motion would fall through under the weight of 305 MPs.
"A 19-member party like Trinamool Congress announcing to bring no-confidence motion shows its closeness not only to the BJP, but also to the CPI(M), but it will be defeated by 305 members," AICC spokesman Shakeel Ahmed told reporters here.
Counting up the support of the RJD, SP, BSP and Janata Dal (Secular) in defeating the motion, he said, "The required number is 272, but the UPA has the support of 305 members. The government will complete its full tenure."
However, the AICC spokesman saw a positive side to the announcement: "The positive part of Mamata`s announcement is that she will never again say that Congress is the B team of the CPI(M)."
Trinamool Congress yesterday announced that it would bring a no-confidence motion against the UPA government during the winter session of Parliament to protest against FDI in retail and corruption issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000