Mamata`s no-confidence motion will collapse: Congress
Ranchi: Interpreting Trinamool Congress` decision to bring a no-confidence motion against the UPA as amounting "coming closer" to the BJP, the Congress on Sunday said the motion would fall through under the weight of 305 MPs.
"A 19-member party like Trinamool Congress announcing to bring no-confidence motion shows its closeness not only to the BJP, but also to the CPI(M), but it will be defeated by 305 members," AICC spokesman Shakeel Ahmed told reporters here.
Counting up the support of the RJD, SP, BSP and Janata Dal (Secular) in defeating the motion, he said, "The required number is 272, but the UPA has the support of 305 members. The government will complete its full tenure."
However, the AICC spokesman saw a positive side to the announcement: "The positive part of Mamata`s announcement is that she will never again say that Congress is the B team of the CPI(M)."
Trinamool Congress yesterday announced that it would bring a no-confidence motion against the UPA government during the winter session of Parliament to protest against FDI in retail and corruption issues.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?