Mamata`s one year in office: Katju praises her
New Delhi: Press Council Chairperson Justice Markandey Katju on Monday heaped praise on West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and found fault with those, including the media, for criticising her.
In a statement coinciding with the completion of her one year in office as CM, Katju said that it was unfair on the part of some people, including much of the media, to only highlight her defects while overlooking her qualities of integrity and devotion towards serving the people of the state.
He also gave some words of advice to the Trinamool Congress leader.
"To revive the economy of Bengal, I will recommend to Mamata Behen (as I call her) to set up a task force comprising technical experts, industrialists, bankers, and others to frame an over all, balanced scheme for reviving sick industries, setting up new ones, and modernising agriculture," Katju said.
"A large number of technical institutes and scientific research centres should also be set up. For all this, the central government should grant her government all financial and other assistance," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- UEFA confirms four champions league places to Europe's top 4 domestic leagues
- Gold price falls by Rs 100 to Rs 31,150 per ten grams
- Jacqueline Fernandez to walk for Rajesh Pratap Singh
- Sidharth Malhotra bats for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'- Watch cutest promotion video!
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals desire to end career at Real Madrid at the age of 41