Mamata`s one year in office: Katju praises her
New Delhi: Press Council Chairperson Justice Markandey Katju on Monday heaped praise on West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and found fault with those, including the media, for criticising her.
In a statement coinciding with the completion of her one year in office as CM, Katju said that it was unfair on the part of some people, including much of the media, to only highlight her defects while overlooking her qualities of integrity and devotion towards serving the people of the state.
He also gave some words of advice to the Trinamool Congress leader.
"To revive the economy of Bengal, I will recommend to Mamata Behen (as I call her) to set up a task force comprising technical experts, industrialists, bankers, and others to frame an over all, balanced scheme for reviving sick industries, setting up new ones, and modernising agriculture," Katju said.
"A large number of technical institutes and scientific research centres should also be set up. For all this, the central government should grant her government all financial and other assistance," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Youth arrested from Parbhani for suspected ISIS links
- Shocking! UP man caught having sexual relationship with 140 women, which includes lady police officer - READ
- Do not intervene in South China Sea dispute: China tells Japan
- Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli steps down
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal