Mamata`s one year in office: Katju praises her
New Delhi: Press Council Chairperson Justice Markandey Katju on Monday heaped praise on West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and found fault with those, including the media, for criticising her.
In a statement coinciding with the completion of her one year in office as CM, Katju said that it was unfair on the part of some people, including much of the media, to only highlight her defects while overlooking her qualities of integrity and devotion towards serving the people of the state.
He also gave some words of advice to the Trinamool Congress leader.
"To revive the economy of Bengal, I will recommend to Mamata Behen (as I call her) to set up a task force comprising technical experts, industrialists, bankers, and others to frame an over all, balanced scheme for reviving sick industries, setting up new ones, and modernising agriculture," Katju said.
"A large number of technical institutes and scientific research centres should also be set up. For all this, the central government should grant her government all financial and other assistance," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali