Mamata`s one year in office: Katju praises her
New Delhi: Press Council Chairperson Justice Markandey Katju on Monday heaped praise on West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and found fault with those, including the media, for criticising her.
In a statement coinciding with the completion of her one year in office as CM, Katju said that it was unfair on the part of some people, including much of the media, to only highlight her defects while overlooking her qualities of integrity and devotion towards serving the people of the state.
He also gave some words of advice to the Trinamool Congress leader.
"To revive the economy of Bengal, I will recommend to Mamata Behen (as I call her) to set up a task force comprising technical experts, industrialists, bankers, and others to frame an over all, balanced scheme for reviving sick industries, setting up new ones, and modernising agriculture," Katju said.
"A large number of technical institutes and scientific research centres should also be set up. For all this, the central government should grant her government all financial and other assistance," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'