Mamata`s one year in office: Katju praises her
New Delhi: Press Council Chairperson Justice Markandey Katju on Monday heaped praise on West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and found fault with those, including the media, for criticising her.
In a statement coinciding with the completion of her one year in office as CM, Katju said that it was unfair on the part of some people, including much of the media, to only highlight her defects while overlooking her qualities of integrity and devotion towards serving the people of the state.
He also gave some words of advice to the Trinamool Congress leader.
"To revive the economy of Bengal, I will recommend to Mamata Behen (as I call her) to set up a task force comprising technical experts, industrialists, bankers, and others to frame an over all, balanced scheme for reviving sick industries, setting up new ones, and modernising agriculture," Katju said.
"A large number of technical institutes and scientific research centres should also be set up. For all this, the central government should grant her government all financial and other assistance," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!