Man accused in Phoolan Devi`s murder case, dies in Tihar
New Delhi: A 35-year-old man, accused in Samajwadi Party MP Phoolan Devi`s murder case and lodged in high security Tihar jail, died here on Wednesday following a heart attack, officials said.
"Pradeep, who was lodged in jail for past six year in connection of Phoolan Devi murder case, suffered heart stroke in the morning," Sunil Gupta, Tihar Jail spokesperson said.
He was rushed to the Deen Dayal Upadhyay hospital, but he died mid way.
"The matter is being enquired into by a Judicial Magistrate. Further action would be taken after the report," Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'