Man accused in Phoolan Devi`s murder case, dies in Tihar
New Delhi: A 35-year-old man, accused in Samajwadi Party MP Phoolan Devi`s murder case and lodged in high security Tihar jail, died here on Wednesday following a heart attack, officials said.
"Pradeep, who was lodged in jail for past six year in connection of Phoolan Devi murder case, suffered heart stroke in the morning," Sunil Gupta, Tihar Jail spokesperson said.
He was rushed to the Deen Dayal Upadhyay hospital, but he died mid way.
"The matter is being enquired into by a Judicial Magistrate. Further action would be taken after the report," Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report