Man arrested for trying to sneak into Rahul Gandhi’s convoy
Sultanpur: A man allegedly in an inebriated state tried to sneak into the convoy of Rahul Gandhi here on Friday and was arrested.
Rahul was on his way from airport to attend a meeting
at Vikas Bhawan when Mewalal approached the convoy and was
immediately taken into custody by the police.
Inspector, Sultanpur Kotwali, Virendra Singh said
Mewalal was in an inebriated state.
An FIR was also lodged against a dozen members of the
Vyapar Mandal (traders` association) who tried to raise
slogans when Rahul was on his way to attend the meeting.
The members of the Mandal fled from the scene when
police tried to nab them, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves