Man attempts assault on Congress gen secy
New Delhi: A man posing as a journalist tried to hit Congress general secretary Janardan Dwivedi with a shoe during Congress’ press conference on the party’s stand on Baba Ramdev’s agitation against corruption, Monday.
The assailant, later identified as one Sunil Kumar, posed as a journalist and got on to the stage and threatened Dwivedi with a shoe. He is said to have claimed to be associated with a Rajasthan daily ‘Nav Sanchar Patrika’.
Sunil Kumar was apprehended by the security personal and other journalists present near the stage. He was assaulted by the security men before being handed over to the police.
He is said to have been taken to the Tuglaq Road police station.
Regaining his composure, Dwivedi said that the attempted assault on him was pre-planned.
“I see this incident also in that way…it was pre-planned. People who want to create chaos in the country are behind this too,” he quipped.
Party spokesperson Manish Tiwari was also present at the press conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September