Man attempts assault on Congress gen secy
New Delhi: A man posing as a journalist tried to hit Congress general secretary Janardan Dwivedi with a shoe during Congress’ press conference on the party’s stand on Baba Ramdev’s agitation against corruption, Monday.
The assailant, later identified as one Sunil Kumar, posed as a journalist and got on to the stage and threatened Dwivedi with a shoe. He is said to have claimed to be associated with a Rajasthan daily ‘Nav Sanchar Patrika’.
Sunil Kumar was apprehended by the security personal and other journalists present near the stage. He was assaulted by the security men before being handed over to the police.
He is said to have been taken to the Tuglaq Road police station.
Regaining his composure, Dwivedi said that the attempted assault on him was pre-planned.
“I see this incident also in that way…it was pre-planned. People who want to create chaos in the country are behind this too,” he quipped.
Party spokesperson Manish Tiwari was also present at the press conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh