Man attempts assault on Congress gen secy
New Delhi: A man posing as a journalist tried to hit Congress general secretary Janardan Dwivedi with a shoe during Congress’ press conference on the party’s stand on Baba Ramdev’s agitation against corruption, Monday.
The assailant, later identified as one Sunil Kumar, posed as a journalist and got on to the stage and threatened Dwivedi with a shoe. He is said to have claimed to be associated with a Rajasthan daily ‘Nav Sanchar Patrika’.
Sunil Kumar was apprehended by the security personal and other journalists present near the stage. He was assaulted by the security men before being handed over to the police.
He is said to have been taken to the Tuglaq Road police station.
Regaining his composure, Dwivedi said that the attempted assault on him was pre-planned.
“I see this incident also in that way…it was pre-planned. People who want to create chaos in the country are behind this too,” he quipped.
Party spokesperson Manish Tiwari was also present at the press conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32
- Pakistan has been crying for Kashmir ever since independence: NPP