Man attempts self immolation near Parliament
New Delhi: A man hailing from Maharashtra
on Tuesday attempted to immolate himself near Parliament House
demanding the renaming of Dadar railway station in Mumbai
after BR Ambedkar.
Vijay Rustum, an unemployed youth from Maharashtra, had
soaked his left hand in kerosene and set his hand on fire at
Vijay Chowk, barely 100 metres from Parliament House at around
1:15 pm, a senior police official said.
However, bystanders and police personnel immediately
doused the fire. He was taken to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital
where he was discharged after first-aid.
Singh told police that he attempted to immolate himself
to bring to notice his demand for renaming the Dadar railway
station after Ambedkar, the official said.
Dadar station, one of the busiest railway stations in the
country, is located in central Mumbai and is a key junction
for the railway network. It is a transit point for thousands
of passengers using the Mumbai Suburban Railway.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader