Man attempts self immolation near Parliament
New Delhi: A man hailing from Maharashtra
on Tuesday attempted to immolate himself near Parliament House
demanding the renaming of Dadar railway station in Mumbai
after BR Ambedkar.
Vijay Rustum, an unemployed youth from Maharashtra, had
soaked his left hand in kerosene and set his hand on fire at
Vijay Chowk, barely 100 metres from Parliament House at around
1:15 pm, a senior police official said.
However, bystanders and police personnel immediately
doused the fire. He was taken to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital
where he was discharged after first-aid.
Singh told police that he attempted to immolate himself
to bring to notice his demand for renaming the Dadar railway
station after Ambedkar, the official said.
Dadar station, one of the busiest railway stations in the
country, is located in central Mumbai and is a key junction
for the railway network. It is a transit point for thousands
of passengers using the Mumbai Suburban Railway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price