Man blinds roommate in US, says `I hate Indians`
New York: In a bizarre hate-crime, a man has gouged out his roommate`s eyes in New York and threatened to kill him saying "I hate Indian people".
Latchman Ramnarine, a Queens man who is being treated for depression at a group residence, was blinded by a racist who ripped out his eyes, a lawsuit alleges.
Jason Wallace used his bare hands to rip out Latchman Ramnarine`s eyes, New York Post reported Monday.
Wallace pleaded not guilty to assault with intent to disfigure.
The hulking, 280-pound attacker repeatedly threatened to kill Ramnarine in the Queens Village apartment they shared.
"Wallace became unstable and aggressive," said Ramnarine`s lawyer, Michael Grossman. "He repeatedly threatened my client with words like `I am going to kill you` and `I`ll break your bones because I hate Indian people`."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'