Man blinds roommate in US, says `I hate Indians`
New York: In a bizarre hate-crime, a man has gouged out his roommate`s eyes in New York and threatened to kill him saying "I hate Indian people".
Latchman Ramnarine, a Queens man who is being treated for depression at a group residence, was blinded by a racist who ripped out his eyes, a lawsuit alleges.
Jason Wallace used his bare hands to rip out Latchman Ramnarine`s eyes, New York Post reported Monday.
Wallace pleaded not guilty to assault with intent to disfigure.
The hulking, 280-pound attacker repeatedly threatened to kill Ramnarine in the Queens Village apartment they shared.
"Wallace became unstable and aggressive," said Ramnarine`s lawyer, Michael Grossman. "He repeatedly threatened my client with words like `I am going to kill you` and `I`ll break your bones because I hate Indian people`."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city