Man blinds roommate in US, says `I hate Indians`
New York: In a bizarre hate-crime, a man has gouged out his roommate`s eyes in New York and threatened to kill him saying "I hate Indian people".
Latchman Ramnarine, a Queens man who is being treated for depression at a group residence, was blinded by a racist who ripped out his eyes, a lawsuit alleges.
Jason Wallace used his bare hands to rip out Latchman Ramnarine`s eyes, New York Post reported Monday.
Wallace pleaded not guilty to assault with intent to disfigure.
The hulking, 280-pound attacker repeatedly threatened to kill Ramnarine in the Queens Village apartment they shared.
"Wallace became unstable and aggressive," said Ramnarine`s lawyer, Michael Grossman. "He repeatedly threatened my client with words like `I am going to kill you` and `I`ll break your bones because I hate Indian people`."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Maheish Girri to file defamation case against Arvind Kejriwal?
- Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo sends Portugal to pre-quarters - All details here
- Salman Khan's 'raped woman' controversy: Here's what Nawazuddin Siddiqui has to say about his 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- Brexit: Emotions a key factor as the British EU referendum looms
- SCO Summit: India looks forward to fruitful outcome, says PM Narendra Modi