Man held for attempting rape on US national
Dehra Dun: A man, working as a bus
conductor in Delhi, was arrested for allegedly attempting to
rape an American national in Mussoorie near here, police Tuesday
22-year-old Sandip Kumar, a resident of Sonepat in
Haryana, was arrested after 24-year-old woman lodged an FIR
against him last night, they said.
The woman, who hails from California, said in her
complaint that she met Sandip yesterday at Kempty Falls, a
famous tourist spot of Mussoorie. On their way back, they
consumed liquor together at a restaurant. As she came back to
her hotel room, Sandip also followed her and made a rape
attempt on her, police said.
The woman, however, managed to run away from the hotel
and lodged the complaint with the nearest police station.
Sandip works as a conductor in DTC buses in New Delhi,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test