Man held for attempting rape on US national
Dehra Dun: A man, working as a bus
conductor in Delhi, was arrested for allegedly attempting to
rape an American national in Mussoorie near here, police Tuesday
22-year-old Sandip Kumar, a resident of Sonepat in
Haryana, was arrested after 24-year-old woman lodged an FIR
against him last night, they said.
The woman, who hails from California, said in her
complaint that she met Sandip yesterday at Kempty Falls, a
famous tourist spot of Mussoorie. On their way back, they
consumed liquor together at a restaurant. As she came back to
her hotel room, Sandip also followed her and made a rape
attempt on her, police said.
The woman, however, managed to run away from the hotel
and lodged the complaint with the nearest police station.
Sandip works as a conductor in DTC buses in New Delhi,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir