Man held for implicating 24 people in criminal cases
New Delhi: A 48-year-old man, who allegedly
implicated 24 of his associates and business rivals in
criminal cases in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand, was arrested,
police said today.
Ved Parkash Yadav, a resident of Pitampura, had
implicated 24 persons out of which 15 spent a long time in
prison. With his arrest from Sewa Nagar on May one, police
have unearthed nine cases of attempt to murder and cheating.
The arrest came following investigations into a complaint
filed by Rajesh Kumar who claimed that he was cheated by Yadav
to the tune of Rs 15 lakh in the sale of a flat.
"Yadav is a shrewd builder. He is in the habit of taking
disputed property and after taking possession, in order to
avoid payment, he used to implicate the other party in
criminal cases of attempt to murder and cheating," Deputy
Commissioner of Police (South) H G S Dhaliwal said.
By adopting this tactic, Dhaliwal said, he succeeded in
registration of nine cases against 24 people, out of whom 15
have spent a long time in the jail.
All the 24 people were associates of Yadav in his
different property deals. He had to pay dues to these people
but instead of doing so he had managed to send them to jail by
implicating them in criminal cases, the officer claimed.
Rajesh Kumar, on whose complaint Yadav was arrested,
had bought a Rs 40 lakh worth flat from the accused and had
paid Rs 15 lakh. However, he was not given possession of the
flat and Yadav sold it to another person, Dhaliwal claimed.
"Yadav assumed Kumar would never complain against him
because he knows the fate of his other friends which were
booked by the accused in different criminal cases of attempt
to murder in various parts of UP," he said.
Yadav allegedly used to get the complaints filed by his
"All of them are illiterate people. Yadav used to get
their thumb impressions on complaints on one pretext or other.
During interrogation, all servants stated that they had never
filed any complaint in any part of UP and Delhi," he said.
"However, one of his servants Satish Kumar stated that
some years back Yadav took him to some places in Ghaziabad
where he was given an anaesthesia by some doctor and when he
regained consciousness he saw a deep cut on his back side.
"When he enquired from Ved Parkash Yadav about it, Ved
Parkash Yadav threatened him with dire consequences and gave
him Rs 5000 to keep his mouth shut," Dhaliwal said.
He said they were investigating the matter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata