Man held for supplying documents of Army installations to ISI
Darjeeling: A man has been arrested for allegedly supplying documents and photographs of Army installations at Sukna, near Siliguri in North Bengal, to Delhi-based operatives of ISI, police said here on Friday.
Mohammad Azad, a cleaner in the traffic department of the Army`s 33 corps headquarters at Sukna, was arrested from near New Jalpaiguri railway station yesterday, Darjeeling SP Kunal Agarwal said.
The arrest was made on the basis of a FIR filed by the commanding officer of the civil government traffic department based at the 33 corps headquarters.
Azad used to send documents and photographs of army installations to the Pakistani spy agency agents in Delhi, Agarwal said.
Photographs of important army installations were found from the mobile phone of 39-year-old Azad who was working as a cleaner in the civil government traffic department since 1999, he said.
Azad is a resident of Khaprail in Kurseong subdivision of Darjeeling district.
The action against him followed the arrest of five persons on May 19 for allegedly supplying important documents on Army and Air Force installations and troop movements to ISI agents based in Nepal.
The five - former Army driver Maghan Bahadur Singh, Mesha Sauria, Dhan Bahadur Pradhan, Gopal Khati alias Biswakarma and Mani Kumar Biswakarma, an upper division Army clerk in Sukna - were arrested following the inputs given by one Bidyut Kumar Sinha - an upper division clerk with the Army Supply Corp in the South Western Command, Jaipur - who was held on May 14.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May