Man held for supplying documents of Army installations to ISI
Darjeeling: A man has been arrested for allegedly supplying documents and photographs of Army installations at Sukna, near Siliguri in North Bengal, to Delhi-based operatives of ISI, police said here on Friday.
Mohammad Azad, a cleaner in the traffic department of the Army`s 33 corps headquarters at Sukna, was arrested from near New Jalpaiguri railway station yesterday, Darjeeling SP Kunal Agarwal said.
The arrest was made on the basis of a FIR filed by the commanding officer of the civil government traffic department based at the 33 corps headquarters.
Azad used to send documents and photographs of army installations to the Pakistani spy agency agents in Delhi, Agarwal said.
Photographs of important army installations were found from the mobile phone of 39-year-old Azad who was working as a cleaner in the civil government traffic department since 1999, he said.
Azad is a resident of Khaprail in Kurseong subdivision of Darjeeling district.
The action against him followed the arrest of five persons on May 19 for allegedly supplying important documents on Army and Air Force installations and troop movements to ISI agents based in Nepal.
The five - former Army driver Maghan Bahadur Singh, Mesha Sauria, Dhan Bahadur Pradhan, Gopal Khati alias Biswakarma and Mani Kumar Biswakarma, an upper division Army clerk in Sukna - were arrested following the inputs given by one Bidyut Kumar Sinha - an upper division clerk with the Army Supply Corp in the South Western Command, Jaipur - who was held on May 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened