Man held for trying to rape Dutch woman in Mumbai
Mumbai: A man has been arrested for allegedly trying to rape a Dutch theatre artiste in suburban Goregaon, police said on Thursday.
The incident occurred when the 20-year-old victim was
returning to her rented house in suburban Mulund in an
auto-rickshaw in the wee hours of Tuesday, they said.
According to police, the driver telephoned one of his
friends, who boarded the three-wheeler mid way and sat next to
The accused then drove her to a secluded location in
Aarey Colony and tried to rape her, police said, adding that
as the victim resisted by raising an alarm, the duo ran away
with her purse.
However, it was not yet clear as to which of the two
accused has been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown