Man held for trying to rape Dutch woman in Mumbai
Mumbai: A man has been arrested for allegedly trying to rape a Dutch theatre artiste in suburban Goregaon, police said on Thursday.
The incident occurred when the 20-year-old victim was
returning to her rented house in suburban Mulund in an
auto-rickshaw in the wee hours of Tuesday, they said.
According to police, the driver telephoned one of his
friends, who boarded the three-wheeler mid way and sat next to
The accused then drove her to a secluded location in
Aarey Colony and tried to rape her, police said, adding that
as the victim resisted by raising an alarm, the duo ran away
with her purse.
However, it was not yet clear as to which of the two
accused has been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion