Man held for trying to rape Dutch woman in Mumbai
Mumbai: A man has been arrested for allegedly trying to rape a Dutch theatre artiste in suburban Goregaon, police said on Thursday.
The incident occurred when the 20-year-old victim was
returning to her rented house in suburban Mulund in an
auto-rickshaw in the wee hours of Tuesday, they said.
According to police, the driver telephoned one of his
friends, who boarded the three-wheeler mid way and sat next to
The accused then drove her to a secluded location in
Aarey Colony and tried to rape her, police said, adding that
as the victim resisted by raising an alarm, the duo ran away
with her purse.
However, it was not yet clear as to which of the two
accused has been arrested.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Vijay Mallya says in forced exile, no plans to return to India
- Now, 'Find Time' for your meetings using Google Calendar
- Cancel your train ticket on phone or via SMS through these easy steps
- Not getting visa? This Balaji temple can help you fly abroad
- Rahul Gandhi visits ailing Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS