Man held with explosive materials
Faridabad: A man was arrested on Monday for allegedly possessing explosive materials at his workshop in Mujesar village of the district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team raided the workshop of Rohtash, a resident of Uttar Pradesh, and seized 2.8 kg of explosive materials from a hidden bag, they said.
Besides this, the police also recovered a small container full of metal strips, they said, adding a case under the relevant sections of Explosive Act 1908 was registered against the accused.
In a separate case, a man was arrested for allegedly possessing country-made pistols in the Basantpur village of the district.
A case under Arms Act has been registered against the accused, identified as Shiv, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video