Man impersonating PM, Lalu sent to one-day police custody
New Delhi: A man, accused of making hoax calls and demanding money by impersonating Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and RJD leader Lalu Prasad Yadav, was on Friday sent to one day police custody by a Delhi court.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Lokesh Kumar Sharma remanded 35-year-old Kishan Kumar, a resident of Daryaganj here, after the police told the court that two mobile phones through which he allegedly used to make hoax calls are yet to be recovered.
Crime Branch of Delhi Police said he was making hoax calls to officials of a private company, Super Cassettes Industries Ltd, where he was previously employed, to demand money and other favours for him.
He used to call from three different numbers and an FIR was registered on the complaint of the firm`s director, Ved Prakash Chanana, last week, the police said.
According to the complaint filed by Chanana, a resident of Greater Kailash-II, with the Crime Branch of Delhi Police, officials of his Super Cassettes Industries had received calls not just in the name of the Prime Minister but also other politicians like BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha and RJD chief Lalu Prasad.
The complaint said the callers have been threatening to eliminate the officials and get the company shut if they don`t favour Kishan Kumar who had been working as the Liaison Consultant of the firm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections