Man impersonating PM, Lalu sent to one-day police custody
New Delhi: A man, accused of making hoax calls and demanding money by impersonating Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and RJD leader Lalu Prasad Yadav, was on Friday sent to one day police custody by a Delhi court.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Lokesh Kumar Sharma remanded 35-year-old Kishan Kumar, a resident of Daryaganj here, after the police told the court that two mobile phones through which he allegedly used to make hoax calls are yet to be recovered.
Crime Branch of Delhi Police said he was making hoax calls to officials of a private company, Super Cassettes Industries Ltd, where he was previously employed, to demand money and other favours for him.
He used to call from three different numbers and an FIR was registered on the complaint of the firm`s director, Ved Prakash Chanana, last week, the police said.
According to the complaint filed by Chanana, a resident of Greater Kailash-II, with the Crime Branch of Delhi Police, officials of his Super Cassettes Industries had received calls not just in the name of the Prime Minister but also other politicians like BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha and RJD chief Lalu Prasad.
The complaint said the callers have been threatening to eliminate the officials and get the company shut if they don`t favour Kishan Kumar who had been working as the Liaison Consultant of the firm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video