‘Man with briefcase seen outside Delhi HC before blast’
New Delhi: "One person clad in a white shirt came with a briefcase and stood in the queue after, which a bomb exploded within seconds."
This is, what Mahender, an eye-witness, who had come to the High Court for a hearing, claimed after a powerful bomb exploded outside the Delhi High Court in, which nine people were killed and 47 injured.
The explosive device was suspected to have been kept in a briefcase outside the High Court.
"People were standing in the line to get their passes to enter the court premises. I did not know the process to get into the complex as this is the first time I was coming for a hearing at the High Court," he said.
"When I was standing in the line along with my friend, one person came in a white shirt with a briefcase in his hand and within seconds there was a blast. I could not see anything," Mahender said.
He said, he sat on the floor after the blast took place only to see the person, who was accompanying him was injured.
"I asked him to go out and a policeman came and helped us immediately. Police reached the spot within minutes and helped people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened