‘Man with briefcase seen outside Delhi HC before blast’
New Delhi: "One person clad in a white shirt came with a briefcase and stood in the queue after, which a bomb exploded within seconds."
This is, what Mahender, an eye-witness, who had come to the High Court for a hearing, claimed after a powerful bomb exploded outside the Delhi High Court in, which nine people were killed and 47 injured.
The explosive device was suspected to have been kept in a briefcase outside the High Court.
"People were standing in the line to get their passes to enter the court premises. I did not know the process to get into the complex as this is the first time I was coming for a hearing at the High Court," he said.
"When I was standing in the line along with my friend, one person came in a white shirt with a briefcase in his hand and within seconds there was a blast. I could not see anything," Mahender said.
He said, he sat on the floor after the blast took place only to see the person, who was accompanying him was injured.
"I asked him to go out and a policeman came and helped us immediately. Police reached the spot within minutes and helped people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason