‘Man with briefcase seen outside Delhi HC before blast’
New Delhi: "One person clad in a white shirt came with a briefcase and stood in the queue after, which a bomb exploded within seconds."
This is, what Mahender, an eye-witness, who had come to the High Court for a hearing, claimed after a powerful bomb exploded outside the Delhi High Court in, which nine people were killed and 47 injured.
The explosive device was suspected to have been kept in a briefcase outside the High Court.
"People were standing in the line to get their passes to enter the court premises. I did not know the process to get into the complex as this is the first time I was coming for a hearing at the High Court," he said.
"When I was standing in the line along with my friend, one person came in a white shirt with a briefcase in his hand and within seconds there was a blast. I could not see anything," Mahender said.
He said, he sat on the floor after the blast took place only to see the person, who was accompanying him was injured.
"I asked him to go out and a policeman came and helped us immediately. Police reached the spot within minutes and helped people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress