Maneka chairperson of LS panel on govt assurances
New Delhi: BJP leader Maneka Gandhi has been
appointed Chairperson of the Committee on Government
Assurances of the Lok Sabha.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar nominated 14 other MPs to
the 15-member panel.
Hansaraj Gangaram Ahir, Avtar Singh Bhadana, Kantilal
Bhuria, Dara Singh Chauhan, Bansa Gopal Chowdhury, Ram Sundar
Das, J Helen Davidson, Bijoy Krishna Handique, Sardar Sukhdev
Singh Libra, Ramkishun, Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy, Takam
Sanjoy, Jagadanand Singh and Hukmadeo Narayan Yadav are the
members of the committee.
The nominations take effect from September 23, a Lok
Sabha Secretariat release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde drench in colours of old-age romance in 'Sarsariya' from 'Mohenjo Daro'!
- Wayne Rooney aims to take up coaching after retirement
- Need for 'Sharia' like laws to check crimes against women: MNS chief Raj Thackeray
- Muttiah Muralitharan: Sri Lanka cricket files complaint against former off-spinner for insulting team manager
- SC allows Mumbai rape survivor to terminate 24-week-old abnormal foetus