Maneka chairperson of LS panel on govt assurances
New Delhi: BJP leader Maneka Gandhi has been
appointed Chairperson of the Committee on Government
Assurances of the Lok Sabha.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar nominated 14 other MPs to
the 15-member panel.
Hansaraj Gangaram Ahir, Avtar Singh Bhadana, Kantilal
Bhuria, Dara Singh Chauhan, Bansa Gopal Chowdhury, Ram Sundar
Das, J Helen Davidson, Bijoy Krishna Handique, Sardar Sukhdev
Singh Libra, Ramkishun, Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy, Takam
Sanjoy, Jagadanand Singh and Hukmadeo Narayan Yadav are the
members of the committee.
The nominations take effect from September 23, a Lok
Sabha Secretariat release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog