Maneka chairperson of LS panel on govt assurances
New Delhi: BJP leader Maneka Gandhi has been
appointed Chairperson of the Committee on Government
Assurances of the Lok Sabha.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar nominated 14 other MPs to
the 15-member panel.
Hansaraj Gangaram Ahir, Avtar Singh Bhadana, Kantilal
Bhuria, Dara Singh Chauhan, Bansa Gopal Chowdhury, Ram Sundar
Das, J Helen Davidson, Bijoy Krishna Handique, Sardar Sukhdev
Singh Libra, Ramkishun, Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy, Takam
Sanjoy, Jagadanand Singh and Hukmadeo Narayan Yadav are the
members of the committee.
The nominations take effect from September 23, a Lok
Sabha Secretariat release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth