Maneka chairperson of LS panel on govt assurances
New Delhi: BJP leader Maneka Gandhi has been
appointed Chairperson of the Committee on Government
Assurances of the Lok Sabha.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar nominated 14 other MPs to
the 15-member panel.
Hansaraj Gangaram Ahir, Avtar Singh Bhadana, Kantilal
Bhuria, Dara Singh Chauhan, Bansa Gopal Chowdhury, Ram Sundar
Das, J Helen Davidson, Bijoy Krishna Handique, Sardar Sukhdev
Singh Libra, Ramkishun, Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy, Takam
Sanjoy, Jagadanand Singh and Hukmadeo Narayan Yadav are the
members of the committee.
The nominations take effect from September 23, a Lok
Sabha Secretariat release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees