Maneka chairperson of LS panel on govt assurances
New Delhi: BJP leader Maneka Gandhi has been
appointed Chairperson of the Committee on Government
Assurances of the Lok Sabha.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar nominated 14 other MPs to
the 15-member panel.
Hansaraj Gangaram Ahir, Avtar Singh Bhadana, Kantilal
Bhuria, Dara Singh Chauhan, Bansa Gopal Chowdhury, Ram Sundar
Das, J Helen Davidson, Bijoy Krishna Handique, Sardar Sukhdev
Singh Libra, Ramkishun, Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy, Takam
Sanjoy, Jagadanand Singh and Hukmadeo Narayan Yadav are the
members of the committee.
The nominations take effect from September 23, a Lok
Sabha Secretariat release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq