Maneka criticises Congress for delay in execution of Afzal
Badaun: BJP MP Maneka Gandhi on Monday accused
the Congress of delaying the execution of Parliament attack
convict Afzal Guru and said it was an insult to those who laid
down their lives fighting terrorists in the incident.
"The Congress has insulted the martyrs, who laid down
their lives for the security of Parliament by not hanging
Afzal Guru, even though he has been convicted by the court,"
Maneka told reporters here.
Alleging that Afzal is not being hanged only due to vote
bank politics, the MP from Anola said the Congress had nothing
to do with Parliament and the Constitution and it`s only
concern was vote bank.
"People of all the religions are in favour of capital
punishment to Afzal Guru, only Delhi Chief Minister Shiela
Dikshit was giving statements in his defence."
On Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Amir Kasab awarded capital
punishment in the Mumbai attacks case, the BJP MP said that
the Union government was wasting crores of rupees on him.
"While Kasab is being offered all the luxuries and
facilities as per his wishes, an Indian Sikh is lodged in a
jail in Pakistan and is being threatened of being hanged every
day," she said referring to Sarabjeet Singh.
Terming Uttar Pradesh government`s decision to
distribute mid-day meal during summer vacation as impractical,
Maneka said even teachers and children need holidays at least
once a year.
She said that during holidays, foodgrain should be
given to children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur