Maneka criticises Congress for delay in execution of Afzal
Badaun: BJP MP Maneka Gandhi on Monday accused
the Congress of delaying the execution of Parliament attack
convict Afzal Guru and said it was an insult to those who laid
down their lives fighting terrorists in the incident.
"The Congress has insulted the martyrs, who laid down
their lives for the security of Parliament by not hanging
Afzal Guru, even though he has been convicted by the court,"
Maneka told reporters here.
Alleging that Afzal is not being hanged only due to vote
bank politics, the MP from Anola said the Congress had nothing
to do with Parliament and the Constitution and it`s only
concern was vote bank.
"People of all the religions are in favour of capital
punishment to Afzal Guru, only Delhi Chief Minister Shiela
Dikshit was giving statements in his defence."
On Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Amir Kasab awarded capital
punishment in the Mumbai attacks case, the BJP MP said that
the Union government was wasting crores of rupees on him.
"While Kasab is being offered all the luxuries and
facilities as per his wishes, an Indian Sikh is lodged in a
jail in Pakistan and is being threatened of being hanged every
day," she said referring to Sarabjeet Singh.
Terming Uttar Pradesh government`s decision to
distribute mid-day meal during summer vacation as impractical,
Maneka said even teachers and children need holidays at least
once a year.
She said that during holidays, foodgrain should be
given to children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi