Maneka Gandhi`s mother passes away
New Delhi: Amteshwar Anand, the mother of former union minister Maneka Gandhi, passed away here on Monday after a prolonged illness.
She was 77 and is survived by her two daughters, BJP MP Maneka and Ambika. Anand`s husband Col TS Anand had predeceased her.
"She has not been keeping well for the last several years. Her health had deteriorated yesterday and she was taken to a hospital where she breathed her last at 10 am this morning," a family source said.
Maneka Gandhi`s son and young BJP MP Varun Gandhi is scheduled to marry fashion designer Yamini Roy Chowdhury in Varanasi on March 6. The family said they are yet to decide whether the ceremony will take place on that day or it will be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi