Maneka Gandhi`s mother passes away
New Delhi: Amteshwar Anand, the mother of former union minister Maneka Gandhi, passed away here on Monday after a prolonged illness.
She was 77 and is survived by her two daughters, BJP MP Maneka and Ambika. Anand`s husband Col TS Anand had predeceased her.
"She has not been keeping well for the last several years. Her health had deteriorated yesterday and she was taken to a hospital where she breathed her last at 10 am this morning," a family source said.
Maneka Gandhi`s son and young BJP MP Varun Gandhi is scheduled to marry fashion designer Yamini Roy Chowdhury in Varanasi on March 6. The family said they are yet to decide whether the ceremony will take place on that day or it will be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India