Maneka Gandhi`s mother passes away
New Delhi: Amteshwar Anand, the mother of former union minister Maneka Gandhi, passed away here on Monday after a prolonged illness.
She was 77 and is survived by her two daughters, BJP MP Maneka and Ambika. Anand`s husband Col TS Anand had predeceased her.
"She has not been keeping well for the last several years. Her health had deteriorated yesterday and she was taken to a hospital where she breathed her last at 10 am this morning," a family source said.
Maneka Gandhi`s son and young BJP MP Varun Gandhi is scheduled to marry fashion designer Yamini Roy Chowdhury in Varanasi on March 6. The family said they are yet to decide whether the ceremony will take place on that day or it will be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?