Maneka Gandhi`s mother passes away
New Delhi: Amteshwar Anand, the mother of former union minister Maneka Gandhi, passed away here on Monday after a prolonged illness.
She was 77 and is survived by her two daughters, BJP MP Maneka and Ambika. Anand`s husband Col TS Anand had predeceased her.
"She has not been keeping well for the last several years. Her health had deteriorated yesterday and she was taken to a hospital where she breathed her last at 10 am this morning," a family source said.
Maneka Gandhi`s son and young BJP MP Varun Gandhi is scheduled to marry fashion designer Yamini Roy Chowdhury in Varanasi on March 6. The family said they are yet to decide whether the ceremony will take place on that day or it will be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen